These beautiful blueberry and cranberry muffins are just the perfect way to celebrate Mother’s day all-year-round.
Gorgeous yet simple, delicious and tender, there’s everything to love about these muffins, just like all the amazing mums around the world!
This is an absolutely fool-proof basic muffin recipe. You only need to mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, wet ingredients in another. Mix the two together and the job is done.
The batter is super easy and made with simple, natural ingredients, plus you can have fun create different combinations. Try swapping blueberries for raspberries and strawberries for some more Summer flavors.
If fresh blueberries aren’t available, you can use frozen, the flavors wont’ be compromised and they’re available all-year-round. I’ve used low-fat organic Greek yogurt, but you can easily substitute with the same amount of buttermilk (which makes supermoist muffins), milk or soy milk. All alternatives will deliver yummy and mouthwatering muffins.
These showstopping blueberry muffins are so pretty you almost can’t eat them!
I’ve made this beautiful topping with my Cricut Explore ( available here for US). The original project makes a showstopping Mother’s Day card, I’ve only reduced the size and cut it in half, and you can download it from here. Get some inspiration from all the pretty things I’ve created with my Cricut Explore so far, if you’re foodie, you’ll love them!
A big thank you to Cricut for sending me this awesome machine, I love everything about it! It’s easy to use, compact and helps me make effortlessly easy DIY personalized gifts!
- 3 cups/ 375g all-purpose flour
- 4 tsps baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh orange zest
- 1 cup/ 200gr demerara or granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup/ 240ml low-fat greek yogurt (or milk/buttermilk/soy milk)
- ½ cup/ 120ml light olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup 200g fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup 50gr dried chopped cranberries
- Sugar granella or coarse sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheated oven to. Line a muffin tray with lining paper or spray with oil.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients until combined, about 20 seconds.
- In another bowl mix well eggs and sugar, until light and fluffly. Mix in yogurt, oil, and vanilla. The mixture will be pale and yellow.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix everything together gently with a spatula. Mix just until all ingredients are combined and avoid to over mix the batter.
- Add in blueberries and cranberries and mix just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins, filling all the way to the top. Top with sugar, if you like.
- Bake at 425F/200C for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375F/180C and continue to bake for 25-26 minutes or until lightly golden on top and centers appear set.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan before serving.
You can substitute yogurt with milk, buttermilk, soy milk.